At this time Baseware Remote will not be updated to include pre-order date fields. The application can still be used to package content and pre-order dates can be added manually by our content support team (send request post-delivery to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by following the steps below prior to delivery to Beatport.
In order to include a Beatport pre-order start date not currently present in the Baseware Remote application please do the following:
1. Select an Original Release Date for each track included in your release using Baseware Remote's current Original Release Date field. This is the date on which a customer may physically receive a track/release (download the audio files).
2. Finish compiling your release using Baseware Remote and 'Create Package' as usual. This will create a folder which includes audio file(s), artwork, and an XML file containing release/track metadata.
3. Open the .xml file containing the release/track metadata using an XML editor such as XMLSpear or EditiX Lite. A text editor will work as well but will not display errors if XML is not well-formed upon editing.
4. Add the line <preOrderStartDate>YYYY-MM-DD</preOrderStartDate> immediately before each </track> tag. Use this line to add a pre-order start date for each track in a release, using the date format YYYY-MM-DD.
In the following example, the release will be available for download as of 2017-01-15 (original release date), but will be available for pre-order (purchase only, download won't be available to the customer until the original release date) as of 2017-01-01.
5. Save changes.
6. Deliver via usual delivery method.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.