At this time Baseware Remote will not be updated to reflect the most recent genres changes and will continue to display its original list of genres and sub-genres. The application can still be used to package content and genres can be amended manually by our genre support team (send request post-delivery to email@example.com) or by following the steps below prior to delivery to Beatport.
In order to select a Beatport genre / sub-genre* not currently present in the Baseware Remote application please do the following:
1. Select a genre for each track included in your release using Baseware Remote's current list of genres. This genre can be changed in Step 4 below.
2. Finish compiling your release using Baseware Remote and 'Create Package' as usual. This will create a folder which includes audio file(s), artwork, and an XML file containing release/track metadata.
3. Open the .xml file containing the release/track metadata using an XML editor such as XMLSpear or EditiX Lite. A text editor will work as well but will not display errors if XML is not well-formed upon editing.
4. Replace the existing track genre(s) within the XML with the desired genre / sub-genre. Please refer to the link at the bottom of this page for a complete list of Beatport's current acceptable genres and the proper XML notation.
5. Save changes.
6. Deliver via usual delivery method.
*Complete list of Beatport's current genres / sub-genres may be found here.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.