When attempting to install the Baseware Remote application, you may get the following message:
"The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."
In most cases, the installer file is not actually damaged. This is a known certificate issue relating to the app's reliance on Adobe AIR. In order to bypass this and successfully install 'Baseware Remote' please follow the steps below.
First of all:
- Make sure to have Adobe AIR installed on your machine. See links below.
- If you have an existing version of 'Baseware Remote' please uninstall the app if it no longer works.
- Make sure the application's folder does not exist in c:\Program Files or c:\Program Files (x86). If it does, delete the application's folder.
- Empty the Trash (Mac OS) or Recycling Bin (Windows).
Now, in order to bypass the certificate issue and install 'Baseware Remote':
- Change your system clock to a date prior to 2017-10-29. This will be only be done temporarily to bypass the certificate issue.
- Now try installing the 'Baseware Remote' app again.
- Once successfully installed you may set your system clock back to the current date.